torsdag 22. januar 2015

The Decemberists - Make You Better

Yesterday I suggested that Rhiannon Giddens' forthcoming album Tomorrow Is My Turn could possibly be the first really great album of 2015. Well, it is a great album, but I hadn't taken into account the new album by The Decemberists that I had only briefly listened to, and I can say that the record, titled What A Beautiful World, What A Terrible World, is really, REALLY great! The songs are immediate in nature, highly melodic, and the arrangements are rich and nuanced, and may very well constitute the Portland, Oregon group's finest album to date. I'm in awe! Here then, is the first single off it, "Make You Better", with a very funny video featuring the comedian Nick Offerman from Parks & Recreation.

Watch and listen


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar