Hooray, it's that time of the year again in which we compile our nerdy lists, telling anyone who bothers to listen what we consider to be the best music of the year that's soon behind us. Unfortunately I don't think 2014 was as good as 2013, but then again, that was a remarkable year. I still had a hard time compiling my lists of the best songs and best albums of 2014, and many had to go. There are 30 albums and 50 songs listed below, with links to my writings about them wherever possible, as well as playlists in WiMP and Spotify. A few are not available for streaming, but you get most of the songs and handpicked album tracks in handy playlists below.
3. deLillos – Drøm
11. Candi Staton – Where Were You?
22. Kiesza – Hideaway
26. Sondre Justad – Nu har du mæ
27. SOHN – Lights
31. Sval – Tidsfrist
35. Sassybeat – Chances Of Changes
41. Marit Larsen – I Don’t Want To Talk About It
4. Lucinda Williams – Down Where The Spirit Meets The Bone
16. Robert Plant and the Sensational Space Shifters – Lullaby And… The Ceaseless Roar
22. SOHN – Tremors