tirsdag 16. september 2014

Jeff Lynne's ELO - Mr. Blue Sky

Two days ago Jeff Lynne, the musical genius (strong word, I agree, but hey...) behind the legendary Electric Light Orchestra, performed his first public show in 25 years, headlining the Radio 2 festival in London's Hyde Park. Boy, do I wish I had been there. Richard Tandy, original ELO member, even popped up to add keyboards and sing through a vocoder on what may be Lynne's best song ever, "Mr. Blue Sky", off 1977's Out Of The Blue double LP. ELO was actually the first band I ever saw live, 11 years old, in Ekeberghallen in Oslo. Happy memories, for sure, and I was flabbergasted by the awesome laser show. Not so much so when I saw a DVD from the same tour a few years ago, but as I said, I was 11 at the time and easily impressed. Now, will Jeff Lynne take his new band on tour? Please do, Jeff! Please!

Watch and listen

 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar