søndag 19. februar 2012

Whitney Houston - I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)

It's entirely possible to be in the dark about a big news event for more than a week given the right circumstances. A holiday in Zanzibar is my "excuse" for not knowing about the death of Whitney Houston until today. Strange as that may sound it's entirely true, and my immediate reaction was one of sadness. What a sad, sad story hers is, at least parts of it. She had the world in her hand commercially, being one of the best singers of her generation, but her personal life was another matter. Her successes got fewer and further between as the years passed, and being found dead under unclear circumstances in a hotel room at the age of 48 is just very, very sad. Here's her 1987 hit "I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)", showing Houston at her very best. R.I.P.

Watch and listen

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar