onsdag 3. august 2011

Mark Knopfler - Speedway At Nazareth

One of Mark Knopfler's greatest compositions is "Speedway At Nazareth" from his second "proper" solo album, 2000's Sailing To Philadelphia, featuring Gillian Welch and David Rawlings on harmony vocals. The actual Nazareth Speedway in Pennsylvania was closed four years after Knopfler's song was released, in 2004, and the lyric is about a racecar driver looking back on some of his triumphs and losses: "But at the speedway at Nazareth I made no mistake." The best bit is the second half, an astonishing instrumental closing with a very cool drum roll by Chad Cromwell and one of Knopfler's best ever guitar solos. That says a lot. The fun starts at 3:05, so please enjoy!

Listen



1 kommentar:

  1. I couldn't agree more. Mark Knopfler and his guitar creates a unique musical atmosphere.
    I downloaded it from iTunes, and have listened to it all day on my iPhone.It's awsome...
    I think I need to buy the entire album :)

    SvarSlett