lørdag 18. oktober 2014

Glen Campbell - I'm Not Gonna Miss You

This is so sad! Glen Campbell (78), one of the greatest singers of our time, suffers from Alzheimer's disease and is gradually losing his memory. In an upcoming documentary called Glen Campbell: I'll Be Me we are treated to interviews with Bruce Springsteen, Bill Clinton, The Edge, Taylor Swift, Paul McCartney and many more discussing his impact, and it also includes this song that was recently released. "I'm Not Gonna Miss You" is the last song Campbell recorded, in January 2013, and it's a heartbreaking three minutes of beautiful music. "I'm never gonna hold you like I did, or say 'I love you' to the kids, you're never gonna see it in my eyes, it's not gonna hurt me when you cry, I'm never gonna know what you go through, all the things I say or do, all the hurt and all the pain, one thing selfishly remains, I'm not gonna miss you", he sings, and in the video below the lyrics are set to footage of his professional life combined with home video clips showing Campbell and his family. This is up there with Johnny Cash's "Hurt" video, trust me.

In a statement his family wrote to Rolling Stone it says they were no longer able to keep him at home, but that he gets the best care possible.

Watch and listen


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar