tirsdag 14. oktober 2014

The 100 best songs of the 1970's

The nerdy fun on Facebook about compiling definitive music lists is still raging, and my latest addition to the madness is my all time favourite 70's tracks. As I made this playlist more than a full day ago I deeply regret that I have now remembered quite a few definitive songs that are not on my list, but it's still a very, very good one. There's a link below to the entire list in WiMP, but if you're a Spotify user you can always assemble it yourself. Anyway, I hope you like my list as well as I do. And please, do not ask me about the ranking. If anything, it's good for the first three entries, at the most ten. The rest is pure whim.

Listen


















1. Bruce Springsteen - Thunder Road (live)
2. Tom Waits - I Hope That I Don't Fall In Love With You
3. Curtis Mayfield - Move On Up
4. Nick Lowe - Cruel To Be Kind
5. The Clash - London Calling
6. Electric Light Orchestra - Mr. Blue Sky
7. Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb
8. Neil Young - Like A Hurricane
9. Pretenders - Brass In Pocket
10. Manfred Mann's Earth Band - Blinded By The Light
11. 10CC - I'm Not In Love
12. Warren Zevon - Desperadoes Under The Eaves
13. David Bowie - Changes
14. Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive
15. Little Feat - Willin'
16. Eagles - Hotel California
17. Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
18. Bobby Womack - Across 110th Street
19. Blue Öyster Cult - (Don't Fear) The Reaper
20. Townes Van Zandt - Pancho & Lefty
21. The Police - Message In A Bottle
22. Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On
23. Michael Nesmith - Some Of Shelly's Blues
24. Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop
25. Donna Summer - Bad Girls
26. Kate & Anna McGarrigle - Talk To Me Of Mendocino
27. Kris Kristofferson - Sunday Mornin' Comin' Down
28. Gladys Knight & The Pips - Midnight Train To Georgia
29. The Motors - Airport
30. ABBA - Dancing Queen
31. The Staple Singers - Respect Yourself
32. Santana - Black Magic Woman/Gypsy Queen
33. Nick Drake - Hazey Jane II
34. Bob Marley & The Wailers - Get Up, Stand Up (live)
35. Nitty Gritty Dirt Band - Mr. Bojangles
36. The Five Stairsteps - O-o-h Child
37. The Association - P.F. Sloan
38. The Doors - Riders On The Storm
39. Dire Straits - Once Upon A Time In The West
40. Tom Robinson Band - 2-4-6-8 Motorway
41. Steely Dan - Do It Again
42. The Sugarhill Gang - Rapper's Delight
43. Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights
44. Bob Dylan - You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go
45. Don McLean - American Pie
46. Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers - Breakdown
47. Frank Zappa - Joe's Garage
48. Gordon Lightfoot - If You Could Read My Mind
49. Sweet - Ballroom Blitz
50. Lou Reed - Perfect Day
51. Michael Jackson - Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough
52. Fleetwood Mac - Landslide
53. Joy Division - She's Lost Control
54. Gary Shearston - I Get A Kick Out Of You
55. Supertramp - School
56. Leonard Cohen - Famous Blue Raincoat
57. Dolly Parton - I Will Always Love You
58. Neil Diamond - Song Sung Blue
59. Steve Miller Band - The Joker
60. Jackson Browne - My Opening Farewell
61. Elvis Costello & The Attractions - Oliver's Army
62. Patti Smith Group - Because The Night
63. Buggles - Video Killed The Radio Star
64. Iggy Pop - The Passenger
65. Linda Ronstadt - Hasten Down The Wind
66. Peter Gabriel - Solsbury Hill
67. Gram Parsons - In My Hour Of Darkness
68. Elton John - Someone Saved My Life Tonight
69. Barry White - You're My First, My Last, My Everything
70. Creedence Clearwater Revival - Run Through The Jungle
71. Nilsson - Without You
72. Rolling Stones - Wild Horses
73. T. Rex - Get It On
74. The Byrds - Chestnut Mare
75. Mott The Hoople - All The Young Dudes
76. Johnny Cash - Man In Black
77. Stevie Wonder - Superstition
78. Simon & Garfunkel - The Boxer
79. The Temptations - Papa Was A Rollin' Stone
80. Grateful Dead - Friend Of The Devil
81. James Brown - The Payback
82. Jim Croce - You Don't Mess Around With Jim
83. Paul McCartney - Maybe I'm Amazed
84. The Stranglers - The Raven
85. Steve Forbert - Romeo's Tune
86. Randy Newman - Louisiana 1927
87. Foreigner - Cold As Ice
88. Roxy Music - Love Is The Drug
89. Sham 69 - If The Kids Are United
90. America - Horse With No Name
91. The Chi-Lites - Stoned Out Of My Mind
92. Bill Withers - Ain't No Sunshine
93. Madness - My Girl
94. Cat Stevens - Father And Son
95. Bread - Baby I'm-A Want You
96. James Taylor - Fire And Rain
97. Harold Melvin And The Bluenotes - Wake Up Everybody
98. Pere Ubu - Final Solution
99. Lene Lovich - Bird Song
100. Knutsen & Ludvigsen - Grevling i taket

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar