lørdag 18. oktober 2014

The 100 best songs of the 1990's

The madness continues as me and a few Facebook (and real life) friends go on making definitive lists. When compiling my 90's list I was surprised to find how much I actually liked the decade. I have alwys regarded the 90's as somewhat inferior, but I see now that I was wrong. It was really difficult to narrow the list down to 100 songs. See what you thing. Here are all the entries as well as the entire list for streaming in WiMP. And if I have failed to mention it before, on these lists I have only included songs available there.

Listen













1. DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince - Summertime
2. Son Volt - Tear Stained Eye
3. Everything But The Girl - Lullaby Of Clubland (Jay "Sinister" Sealee Remix)
4. U2 - One
5. Hellbillies - Ei krasafaren steinbu
6. Edwyn Collins - A Girl Like You
7. Kirsty MacColl - Soho Square
8. Sinéad O'Connor - Nothing Compares 2 U
9. R.E.M. - Losing My Religion
10. The The - Slow Emotion Replay
11. The Boo Radleys - Wake Up Boo!
12. Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
13. Leonard Cohen - The Future
14. Squeeze - The Truth
15. Crowded House - Four Seasons In One Day
16. Jill Sobule - Supermodel
17. New Radicals - You Get What You Give
18. George Michael - Praying For Time
19. The Waterboys - How Long Will I Love You?
20. Nanci Griffith with Arlo Guthrie - Tecumseh Valley
21. Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds - Red Right Hand
22. Diana King - Shy Guy
23. The Cure - Friday I'm In Love
24. Unni Wilhelmsen feat. Paal Flaata - This Means You To Me Now
25. Elvis Costello & Burt Bacharach - God Give Me Strength
26. Steve Wynn feat. Johnette Napolitano - Bonnie & Clyde
27. Folk & Røvere - Yess!
28. Dr. Dre feat. Snoop Dogg - Nuthin' But A 'G' Thang
29. The Wallflowers - One Headlight
30. Toad The Wet Sprocket - All I Want
31. US3 - Cantaloop (Flip Fantasia)
32. Arrested Development - People Everyday (Metamorphosis Mix)
33. Jane's Addiction - Been Caught Stealing
34. Bel Canto - Shimmering, Warm And Bright
35. Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus
36. The La's - There She Goes
37. En Vogue - My Lovin' (You're Never Gonna Get It)
38. Sade - No Ordinary Love
39. Tom Waits - Georgia Lee
40. MC Hammer - U Can't Touch This
41. deLillos - Glemte minner
42. Massive Attack - Safe From Harm
43. Tindersticks - Tiny Tears
44. House Of Pain - Jump Around
45. Dave Alvin - From A Kitchen Table
46. Jackie Leven - Call Mother A Lonely Field
47 Propellerheads feat. Miss Shirley Bassey - History Repeats
48. Apache Indian - Boom Shack-A-Lak
49. TLC - No Scrubs
50. Bo Kaspers Orkester - Vi kommer aldrig att dö
51. kd lang - Constant Craving
52. The Lemonheads - The Outdoor Type
53. Prefab Sprout - Doo-Wop In Harlem
54. Ronan Keating - When You Say Nothing At All
55. Primal Scream - Rocks
56. Daniel Lanois - The Messenger
57. Steve Earle & The Del McCoury Band - Pilgrim
58. Lars Demian - Fyllot & Miss World
59. Paul Simon with Marc Anthony - Satin Summer Nights
60. Bob Dylan - Cold Irons Bound
61. Teenage Fanclub - I Don't Want Control Of You
62. Stereo MC's - Connected
63. Public Enemy - Can't Truss It
64. David Sylvian - I Surrender
65. Tasmin Archer - Sleeping Satellite
66. Johnny Cash - Kneeling Drunkard's Plea
67. World Party - Put The Message In A Box
68. Smash Mouth - Walkin' On The Sun
69. Cracker - Low
70. C+C Music Factory feat. Freedom Williams - Things That Make You Go Hmmm...
71. Ricky Martin - Livin' La Vida Loco
72. Madonna - Human Nature
73. Gin Blossoms - Hey Jealousy
74. Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah
75. Sigur Rós - Ágætis Byrjun
76. Crash Test Dummies - Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm
77. Neil Young - Harvest Moon
78. Santana feat. Rob Thomas - Smooth
79. Pet Shop Boys - A Red Letter Day
80. Björk feat. David Arnold - Play Dead
81. James McMurtry - Candyland
82. The Jayhawks - Trouble
83. Counting Crows - Mr. Jones
84. Electronic - Forbidden City
85. Willy DeVille - Hey Joe
86. Angelo Badalamenti - Twin Peaks Theme
87. John Mellencamp - What If I Came Knocking
88. Ministry - Jesus Built My Hotrod
89. Cowboy Junkies feat. John Prine - If You Were The Woman And I Was The Man
90. Midnight Choir - Mercy Of Maria
91. Guy Clark feat. Emmylou Harris - I Don't Love You Much, Do I
92. Paul Westerberg - Dyslexic Heart
93. Tom Jones feat. Mousse T - Sexbomb
94. Paul Weller - Wild Wood
95. The Black Crowes - Hard To Handle
96. Eric Clapton - My Father's Eyes
97. Anymore Time Between
98. Robbie Williams - The Road To Mandalay
99. Lisa Loeb & Nine Stories - Stay (I Missed You)
100. Placebo - Every Me Every You

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar