søndag 8. juni 2014

John Coltrane - Everytime We Say Goodbye

I'm not anywhere near being a jazz connoisseur, but I know what I like, and I really like to hear saxophone genius John Coltrane performing Cole Porter's immortal "Everytime We Say Goodbye" with his small ensemble on the gorgeous 1961 album My Favorite Things. This is beauty and perfection as exquisitely performed as can be, by a bunch of musicians whose purpose seem to project said beauty and perfection onto the world as such. Coltrane's haunting soprano sax lights up our days and nights and is accompanied by McCoy Tyner's piano, further aided to stunning effect by Steve Davis's authoritative bass playing and Elvin Jones's whispering drum arrangement, and they all add up to something that is pretty much otherworldly. If you're not touched by this, you are not human.

Listen

 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar