lørdag 27. oktober 2012

18 New York tracks

Having just been to New York City for the first time in my life - yes, it's about time - I found that I loved the city I feel that I know so well through films, TV shows, books - and music. The musical history of New York City is filled with amazing stuff, and I have picked 18 songs that all can be identified somehow with this city of wonders. Hope you like them.















Frank Sinatra - "That's Life"



Bob Dylan - "Subterranean Homesick Blues"



The Velvet Underground - "There She Goes Again"



Joni Mitchell - "Big Yellow Taxi"



The Trammps - "Disco Inferno"



Talking Heads - "Psycho Killer"



Ramones - "53rd & 3rd"



Television - "Marquee Moon"



Tom Waits - "Somewhere"



Sugarhill Gang - "Rapper's Delight"



The Clash - "This Is Radio Clash"



New Order - "Confusion"



Ian McCulloch - "September Song"



Patti Smith - "People Have The Power"



Kirsty MacColl - "Walking Down Madison"



Pet Shop Boys - "New York City Boy"



The Strokes - "Last Nite"



LCD Soundsystem - "Losing My Edge"

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar