lørdag 31. august 2013

Suzi Quatro - If You Can't Give Me Love

I was never a big fan of British glam rock "queen" Suzi Quatro, but as most young boys growing up in the 70's I did fancy her a bit. Huge hits like "Can The Can" and "Devil Gate Drive" passed by me, but the more pop-oriented sound of "If You Can't Give Me Love", a late 1978 single, hooked me. It's still the only Quatro song I really know and love, written as most of her biggest hits were by the songwriting team of Nicky Chinn and Mike Chapman, but more in the vein of Smokie, who were other major clients of theirs. "If You Can't Give Me Love" is basically Suzi Quatro doing "Lay Back In The Arms Of Someone" with other words and a little bit more aggression and attitude, in my opinion a fabulous pop song.

Watch and listen

 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar