fredag 7. februar 2014

Crowded House - Don't Dream It's Over

I know I say this a lot, fantastic song this, most beautiful ballad ever that, and so forth and so forth. My enthusiasm often gets the best of me, but if there is one song that just may be a little more astounding than all the rest of the wonderful songs that I know and love, it's Crowded House's classic "Don't Dream It's Over" from their 1986 debut album. The following year it became a worldwide hit single, and it still reigns as my all-time favourite Neil Finn composition, my all-time favourite Mitchell Froom production, featuring my all-time favourite organ solo (sorry, Matthew Fisher of "A Whiter Shade Of Pale" by Procol Harum fame!) and generally just being as beautiful as it's musically possible to accomplish. "Don't Dream It's Over" is the kind of song that says you should never give up, that there is always someone to walk there beside you. It's a good message, that!

Watch and listen

 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar