onsdag 29. mai 2013

Cutting Crew - (I Just) Died In Your Arms Tonight

Cutting Crew was never an especially trendy outfit, and although their monster hit "(I Just) Died In Your Arms Tonight" was sneered at in certain quarters when it was released in 1986, it's stood the test of time a lot better than bad attitudes. It has found its rightful place as a true pop classic, perfect composition that it is, with an irresistable arrangement that includes a killer guitar solo. I love this song dearly. Cutting Crew was actually among the first bands I interviewed as a music journalist, and although I don't remember a lot from it, I seem to recall the band was rather pleasant. Of course, having written a song like "(I Just) Died In Your Arms Tonight" they could afford to be nice. And very proud.

Watch and listen

 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar